basically it's a list of why I'm a wuss and afraid of everythingI have been tagged by two very lovely ladies (Aza & megmarch) on the same day and with the same question! It made me feel very loved. So, here it comesÖ
Here are the rules: The first player of this game starts with the "6 weird facts or habits about yourself" and people who get tagged need to write a blog of their 6 weird habits/facts as well as state this rule clearly.
1. Ever since I was young and played ĎBloody Maryí at a sleepover (which consisted of nothing more than repeating bloody Mary over and over in a candlelit room while looking in the mirror) I can not walk by a mirror in the dark. I have to turn the light on or walk quickly by the mirror while either a) looking the other direction or b) with my eyes closed. Every time. No exceptions. Not even to pee in the middle of the night when Iím half awake. In fact, thatís the worst time.
2. I thoroughly believed that the wood burning stove in my parentsí basement was alive and spoke with me. I was afraid to be downstairs alone, and even when people were with me I felt its stare from behind me.
3. My mother pushed before she was told (just like her, not listening to directions) and my head was deformed when I was born. Iíve been repeatedly reminded of this since birth, and have been called a unicorn by several family members. This also, as Iíve just found out, is apparently the reason I have two huge indents on either side of my forehead. She deformed me. Proof:
Hmm. This is harder than I thought. I tell you people everything already. Itís hard to think of things I havenít said yet.
4. I still have two baby teeth. I had one removed last year because it was rotting away. Baby teeth arenít meant to last 26 years. That particular one was fused to my jaw and had to be Ďchippedí out with a chisel. I was awake for the procedure. I have no adult teeth to take their place, so Iíll have to get fake ones. Currently there is a tooth missing in my mouth (thank god itís a molar and hidden). Iím so white trash. The tooth fairy never came. I figured a 26 year old baby tooth would be worth thousands. No such luck.
5. I was attacked by two magpies when I was younger. I was on the back of my motherís moped (oh yeah!) and they flew after us and pecked at me. My mother was so worried about me that she forgot to focus on the road and we fell. I was burned by the tail pipe on my leg and scraped up. Itís probably why I hate birds today.
6. My second grade teacher was crazy. Literally. She had a brain tumor, but no one found out until years later. She would grab kidsí arms and leave bruises. One girl was so afraid of her that she threw up everyday at her desk. My teacher made her clean it up while yelling at her. Luckily, she liked me so I didnít get the worst of it. Thought there were many times I was yelled at and sent to the corner for no reason other than I asked a stupid question. I clearly remember one day when she was particularly vile and we werenít allowed to leave our desks all day. Five kids wet their pants. I started having Ďstomach achesí and getting sick a lot. My mother would keep me home often, and Iíd dread going back to class. I gained a lot of weight in second grade.
That was a lot harder than I imagined.
If youíre reading this, youíre tagged. Ha! (Unless you donít want to, then just pretend you didnít see it.)